Fantasy Stellar Categories!
All roads lead to Las Vegas, NV as the countdown begins for the 31st Annual Stellar Awards. For over thirty years this event has honored the best and brightest in Gospel music for their contribution to the art of Gospel Music. The biggest names in this genre have been awarded with high honors such as “Female Vocalist Of The Year”, “Producer Of The Year”, and “Song Of The Year”.
Well… I thought what if we had some FUN and make up some Fantasy Categories with this year nominees to make you laugh and have some FUN!
Song That Will Immediately Make You Cry:
- Worth- Anthony Brown and Group Therapy. ~ Listen you put this on and all he has to do is say the first line and you are in need of about 3 seasoned church ushers!
Host For Next Year’s Show:
- LEXI- If anyone follow’s Lexi on social media you know that she is hilarious! Her character “Mother Walker” has created a buzz on Instagram with her quick and witty :15 second videos of old school style mothering in the church.
Best Shout Track:
- Tasha Cobbs, “Put A Praise On It and Christmas Praise”- Tasha’s new album, ” One Place” is nominated for several awards this year but the STAND OUT song is that toe tapping “Put A Praise On It”. For those who downloaded the Deluxe Edition of her album it included the reprise entitled, “Christmas Praise”, yeah head over to iTunes if you don’t have that one!
Female Vocalist With The Best Wigs:
- Erica Campbell – In fact she even has a new line of hair!
Most Likely To Show Their Ankles:
- Kirk Franklin – Kirk is one of the stylish and flyest dudes in Gospel and you can count on him to have the ankles out with some fly plants.
Best Christian Rap Song by A Non Christian Rap Artist:
- “I LUH GOD” by Erica Campbell featuring Big Shiz – The song arguably was one of the hottest songs of 2015 and was a different and edgier side of Erica Campbell that we had never experienced before.
Best Song Without Guest Vocals:
- Jonathan McReynolds- “Gotta Have You” – Clear, Clean, Vocals!
Best Sampled Song:
- “Wanna Be Happy”- Kirk Franklin – All the old schools saints know before they were saved for real they enjoyed Al Green’s , “Tired Of Being Alone”.