This Year's Gospel Grammy Winners
The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards were held Sunday February 13, 2011 in Los Angeles, California at the Staples Center. Yolanda Adams represented the entire Gospel Community as being the only Gospel performer during the live show, in tribute to the “Queen of Soul” Aretha Franklin. Bebe and Cece Winans proved to be the big winners in the Gospel category as they took home both awards they were nominated for.
The Following Gospel Awards were given out during the Grammy Pre-Show streamed exclusively on the web:
- Best Gospel Performance- “Grace”- BeBe and CeCe Winans
- Best Gospel Song- “It’s What I Do”- Jerry Peters and Kirk Whalum
- Best Pop/ Contemporary Gospel Album- “Love God, Love People”- Israel Houghton
- Best Traditional Gospel Album- “Downtown Church”- Patti Griffin
- Best Contemporary R&B Gospel Album- “Still”- Bebe and CeCe Winans